Tuesday 17 July 2012

Tuesday Training No.4 - 16 weeks to go!

It has been brought to my attention that as of this week there are 16 weeks to go until the trek (eek!!) and I haven't really started training yet. Charity Challenge (the event organisers) have a 16 week training plan which they recommend so that is where I have started. The plan aims to build up the amount of hours you spend walking over the course of a week, starting at just 90 minutes of walking in week 1 and ending with 840 minutes in week 15 (week 16 is only 360 minutes so that you are rested before the trek starts).
I have created myself a training schedule (gulp!) for the next 16 weeks that I hope I can stick to, however the next few weeks are manic for me - 2 full weeks of travelling for work plus a 'sten' weekend (joint hen and stag do) and a wedding all to fit in - so I am just going to have to do what I can and hope for the best. Luckily while I am away for work both the hotels I'm staying at have gyms and we'll be going for a long walk as part of the 'sten' do, I just have to keep the motivation up to make sure it gets done!
As you probably know I have also been suffering from tendonitis in my foot which I've been having physiotherapy for, and while it is much improved I am still quite nervous about doing too much training as I don't want to aggravate it and make it worse again... what is a girl to do? 
If you'd like to help motivate me, please donate to my fundraising website... the more money I raise the more motivated I will be to make a good job of it!
Do you have any training tips for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment