Wednesday 22 August 2012

Wedding Wednesday: All Quiet on the Wedding Front


Things have been a bit quiet on the wedding front of late (as you may have seen from other posts I've been pretty busy over the last month or so), though luckily we got all of the big things out of the way pretty early on - dress, shoes, venue, photographer, and band - so I'm still feeling rather relaxed about the whole thing... for now at least! 

I'm trying to be as organised as possible so we've got a long 'To Do' list taped to the fridge which we are slowly ticking through - I must admit however that my original list was about half as long until I ran it past my super-organised bridesmaid Tammy who instantly doubled it's length with items she came up with 'off the top of her head', so at least now I won't miss anything. Because we still have 5 months to go there is quite a bit that can't be done until nearer the time, which frustrates me immensely - I like to be prepared and am massively impatient so waiting to be able to do something for what is going to be one of the most important events in my life is driving me crazy, especially as Andy doesn't share my need to be so ahead of the game (he is the most laid back person I've ever met).  

I've tried to spread out the things on our list so that I have enough to keep me going until right up to the wedding but I'm already ahead of myself. Somehow I need to slow myself down, I'm just not sure how! I wouldn't call myself an uptight person but if I know something needs doing I'd rather just get on and do it than leaving it festering on one of my many To Do lists (the same can not be said for housework unfortunately which I will happily procrastinate over for weeks). 

Over the next few weeks I shall be putting together our invitations ready to be sent out and Andy will be heading off to try on some suits (about time too!) with his 2 best men - I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that. 

What were you all doing 5 months before your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment