Tuesday 21 August 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Spiced Carrot Cake


Spiced Carrot Cake from Restoration Cake: 

Charlotte from Restoration Cake shared this delightful recipe on Friday so I decided to give it a go... here is how it went: 

The prep work is all pretty easy, though grating carrots has never been my favourite task - thankfully I have my Kenwood Prospero which makes this MUCH easier! I've also recently been using Wilton Cake Release for greasing my cake tins and it's been sooo much simpler than faffing with baking parchment. I did choose to leave the sultanas out though as I'm not a fan but otherwise I stuck to the recipe.

The finished mixture went into the oven and very quickly began to smell amazing which made the wait for it to be ready utterly excruciating - patience = zilch! Finally it was time to take  out of the oven and admire the cakes in their naked form. 

I made the silky smooth cream cheese frosting while I waited for the cakes to cool, again this was super easy though somehow I always seem to need far more icing sugar than it says in the recipe - maybe it's just my sweet tooth, who knows. 

I cut the top of one of the cakes off so that when I stacked them they would sit together better and proceeded to slather it with frosting, sneaking a wee spoonful  as I went, and here's how it turned out. 


I brought this into work today and it went down a treat!
Tasty, flavourful and easy to make... why don't you give it a go?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This looks fantastic! I am so glad that you got on so well with the recipe :o)

    I hope that your colleagues appreciated this lovely treat!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete