Monday 11 June 2012

Monday Mumbles No.4

I’ve been a bit slack on the old post-writing this last week or so, so here is a quick round up of what’s been going on:

On Wednesday 30th May I attended a VintageCupcake Decorating class up at The Make Lounge which was hosted by the very talented Charlotte of Restoration Cake. We learnt how to colour our fondant, make some gorgeous vintage-inspired cake decorations like bows, used moulds to create cameos and other shapes, and finally painted some of our pieces. The class was a lot of fun and Charlotte was really knowledgeable and a great teacher. We each left with a box of 6 cupcakes and many of us bought some lovely supplies at The Make Lounge shop so that we can continue to practice at home.
My lovely cupcakes - they didn't last very long!
I then had the following 2 days off work, which was lovely and I spent my time relaxing at home after a busy few weeks at work; I also treated myself to a couple of treatments at The Surrey Retreat in Woking on the Friday afternoon. I had been reading about Universal Contour Wraps for some time and had a received an email from The Surrey Retreat a few weeks ago with an offer for 30% off the usual price of the wrap so decided to go for it. The idea is that you are wrapped in clay soaked bandages for an hour and the minerals in the clay help to rid you of toxins and tighten your skin helping you to lose inches – who wouldn’t want this?! The spa also offers a number of other treatments for half price while you are waiting for the wraps to be removed, so I indulged in a lovely facial.

We then spent Saturday and Sunday pottering around the house and doing a bit of shopping and on Monday I made my way to Leicester for a surprise birthday party for my bridesmaid Sara. Thankfully she had absolutely no idea and was suitably surprised and pleased about the whole thing, even if she was a bit hung over from the night before! So I spent a lovely afternoon and evening with some of my best girls before heading home again on Tuesday afternoon.
Sara's Surprise Party - all the girls!
The rest of the week at work was thankfully fairly quiet as most people had taken the days off as holiday.

This weekend we headed down to Brighton to go and look at wedding rings; we had a lovely lunch in town and then went off to the shop where we’d bought my engagement ring to have a look at what they had on offer. They had exactly what we were both looking for and we’d ordered both rings within about 15 minutes! One more thing to tick off the list.

While we were down in that general direction we thought we’d go and stay at my parents empty house in Worthing (they recently moved to France and are still trying to sell the house here), and invite a couple of friends to spend the evening with us. We dined lavishly on chips and dip followed by chicken kiev and chips… so grown up!

The only thing left to report is that my tendonitis in my foot is still plaguing me and I have been advised by the doc to take painkillers for the next 2 weeks until I can see a physio. I’m hoping that she can sort me out fairly quickly because I desperately need to get in some serious training for the trek! Time is quickly disappearing and I don’t want to be a hopeless wreck on the trip.

That’s all for now folks, I hope you enjoyed the long weekend last week (hoorah for the Jubilee, even though I missed it all!).

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention, Joanna!

    It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your cupcakes looked amazing. You have a real talent there.

    Charlotte @ Restoration Cake xx

    ReplyDelete